WellRec Open HouseAug 25, 2021
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
University Well-being and Recreation or WellRec, formerly Wellness, will hold an Open House as part of the Student Activities Board Campus Kick-off to welcome back students, faculty, and staff to the campus. The WellRec Open House will provide a variety of fitness classes, games, intramural sports and more to have fun outdoors, get together with friends, and meet new friends.
Resource tables and food will be available. Check-in at the Fitness Center area first before heading to the activities. Tickets for food will be at the information table by the fitness center front desk. Activities are being scheduled to take place either outdoors just outside of the Gates Athletic Center or the Fieldhouse. In case of rain or instructor preference, activities will move indoors to the Fieldhouse and the Fitness Center Studio.
The Open House is the perfect opportunity to discover the kinds of WellRec programs, events, activities, and classes which are available year-round to students, employees and community members. Click on the links below for activity details.
Schedule of Events
- Outdoor Games: 10 a.m.–3 p.m. (Corn hole, Spikeball, basketball, and more)
- Zumba Class: 10–10:25 a.m.
- Tai Chi Class: 10:30–11 a.m.
- Resource Tables: 11–1 p.m.
- Healthy Boiler Employee Well-being: Health coaching, employee well-being programs, and more with health coach Lindsay Bloom.
- The Friends of the University Pantry.
- Fitness Center: Personal training, group exercise, and more with fitness instructor Natalie Fish.
- HR-OIE: Healthy Boiler Program and Purdue Employee Benefits with Amy Jagger.
- Mental Health with Mary Ross.
- Food: 11–1 p.m.
- Tickets for food will be at the information table by the fitness center front desk
- COREFIT Class: 11:30 a.m.–Noon
- Yoga: Noon–1 p.m.
- Pilates: 1:15–1:45 p.m.
- Game of Knockout: 2–2:30 p.m.
About This Event
- Current Students
- Faculty and Staff
How to Attend
Tickets are not required for this event
- Contact Name:
- Eric Manor
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Email: